- 211 Ontario
- 211 BC
- 211 Nova Scotia
- Canadian Centre on Disability Studies (CCDS) /Eviance
These Terms will be applied fully and affect to your use of this website and other websites owned and operated by the CUPW. By using this website, you agree to accept all terms and conditions written in here. You must not use this website if you disagree with any of these website Standard Terms and Conditions.
Intellectual Property Rights
Other than the content you own, under these Terms, the CUPW and/or its licensors own all the copyright and all intellectual property rights, and materials contained in this website.
You are granted limited license only for purposes of viewing the material contained on this website.
To the extent that you provide or submit content that you own on this and other websites owned and operated by the CUPW, you grant the CUPW and license it to use it without compensation of any kind to you, including but not limited to royalties of any kind.
You are specifically restricted from all of the following:
- knowingly supplying information to this website for any reason or purpose, including personal information, that is misrepresentative or inaccurate (including, but not limited to, name, email address, street address, phone number, enrollment options, etc.);
- knowingly supplying information to this website for any reason or purpose, including personal information, of or about someone other than yourself without their express permission (including, but not limited to, name, email address, street address, phone number, enrollment options, etc.);
- posting anything contrary to law, defamatory or in any way injurious to others;
- publishing any material from this website in any other media without express permission from CUPW;
- selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any website material;
- publicly performing and/or showing any website material without express permission from CUPW;
- using this website in any way that is or may be damaging to this website or CUPW;
- using this website in any way that impacts user access to this website or CUPW;
- using this website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, CUPW policies, applicable third party policies, website rules or in any way may cause harm to the website, or to any person or business entity;
- engaging in any attempts at unauthorized entry to restricted areas, data mining, data harvesting, data extracting, hacking, attempts at denial of service, sign up spamming, comment spamming, or any other similar activity in relation to this website;
- using this website to post material that infringes upon the copyright of others;
- using this website to engage in any advertising or marketing.
Certain areas of this website are restricted from being accessed by you. CUPW may further restrict access by you to any areas of this website, at any time, in its absolute discretion. Any user ID and password you may have for this website are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality as well.
Costs or Fees
CUPW assumes no responsibility for any costs associated arising from site users or their use of this website. Site users are responsible for paying their own costs such as text messaging fees or internet fees associated with their use of this web site.
This website is provided "as is," with all faults, and the Canadian Union of Postal Workers expresses no representations, guarantees, or warranties, of any kind related to this website or the materials contained or linked to on this website. Also, nothing contained on this website shall be interpreted as providing you with legal or other advice.
Limitation of liability
You agree that in no event shall the CUPW, nor any of its officers, directors, employees, members, partners, volunteers, associates and relevant third parties be held liable for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this website, including whether such liability is under contract or tort. You agree that CUPW, including its officers, directors, employees, members, partners, volunteers, associates and relevant third parties shall not be held liable for any indirect, consequential, or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this website.
You agree to indemnify, to the fullest extent, the CUPW, its officers, directors, employees, members, partners, volunteers, associates and relevant third parties from and against any and/or all liabilities, legal costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses arising in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under any applicable law, such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
Variation of Terms
The Canadian Union of Postal Workers is permitted to revise these Terms at any time as it sees fit, and by using this website you are expected to review these Terms on a regular basis.
The CUPW is allowed to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification. However, you are not allowed to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the CUPW and you in relation to your use of this website and supersede all prior agreements, understandings, and representations of any kind.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario, Canada and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the provincial and federal courts, as applicable, located in Ontario, Canada for the resolution of any disputes.
Last Revised: September 21, 2022